- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 3 lbs chicken wingettes and/or drumettes
- 1 cup Frank’s RedHot sauce
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp Water
- Bottled blue cheese dressing for dipping
- Pour the water into the insert set in a 5-, 6-, or 8-quart InstantPot. Put the wingettes and/or drumettes in the insert and lock on the lid.
- For all Instant Pots, set to pressure cook or manual, low, for 12 minutes. Make sure the valve is closed and press start.
- When the pot has finished cooking, use the quick-release method to bring the pressure back to normal. Unlatch the lid and open the cooker. Use kitchen tongs to transfer the chicken pieces to a nearby large bowl. Use hot pads or silicone baking mitts to pour the water out of the (hot!) insert and wipe the insert out before returning it to the machine.
- For all Instant Pots, choose sauté and set to medium, normal or custom 300°F. Select 5 minutes and press start.
- As the pot heats, mix the Frank’s RedHot sauce, butter, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, garlic powder, and pepper in the insert. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until bubbling, about 3 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk the cornstarch and water in a small bowl until smooth.
- Whisk the cornstarch slurry into the bubbling sauce, then continue cooking, whisking constantly, until thickened, less than 1 minute. Turn off the SAUTÉ function and use hot pads or silicone baking mitts to transfer the (hot!) insert to a nearby wire rack to stop the cooking. Add the wings, toss well, and cool for a minute or two before serving hot with little bowls of blue cheese dressing for dipping.